Macbook Pro several problems.:|

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by wambamram, Mar 21, 2011.

1. wambamram macrumors newbie

Hello guys, this is my 1st post in this forum, well i bought a refurbished 13 inch Macbook Pro (500 GB 7200 RPM 2.26 from an Ebay company (macinabox) like in November (2010). And it just gives me so many problems i swear! i called some local computer repairmen here in town but some have said to just call the ebay people but i just decided to share my problem and hopefully i'd get some solutions :eek:

Okay, at 1st it shuts off randomly.. (I'm pretty sure some of you have heard of such a problem) 2nd! it doesn't read any Cd's that i put in there or anything :(
    3rd of all right now it turns on and give me this progress bar, a gray one. But it never loads or anything at all.

The 1st problem i figured it is the battery maybe? idk but i'm so not satisfied
    right now. The 2nd problem with the CD reader.

Does someone know what's up?? if so email me or just reply again

Thanks guys, much love :)

2. sydenham, Mar 21, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 21, 2011

sydenham macrumors regular

Send it back. Or if it was sold as a refurb you may still have a warranty on it. So take it to Apple

3. wambamram thread starter macrumors newbie

i don't have warranty on it. Applecare? perhaps. Man, this gonna hurt my wallet.

4. HBOC macrumors 68020

go into an Apple Store. You have a 1 year warranty, and if you bought it in November, it should be covered.

5. sydenham macrumors regular

It won't hurt your wallet, just take it to an Apple store, they will be able to tell how old it is. They weren't released until April of last year so there is no way the machine can be older than a year. They will fix it for you.

6. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

The 2.26 is a mid-2009 MBP. It's almost 2 years old. I don't know how this will affect Apple fixing it for you as I have never had the experience. I was just going to point that out.

7. HBOC macrumors 68020

that may be true, but doesn't mean he bought it then. he said it was a refurbed, and people are still buying "April 2010" MBP refurbed from Apple or other resellers..

8. kidaquarius macrumors member

kidaquarius

Have you read you repair contract to find anything concrete to base your claim?
    Read the contract and then read it again.
    If you find anything in there that backs your argument you need to tell Apple.
    You need to be made whole by them if they're contractual obligated.
    It starts with the contract though. You need to read it.

[sent from my android]

9. sydenham macrumors regular

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

11. kobyh15 macrumors 6502a

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8F190 Safari/6533.18.5)

Very true. Definitely have proof of purchase and go to an Apple Store.