Macbook Pro Shell+Sleeve

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mak713, Apr 16, 2010.

1. mak713 macrumors member

Hello!
    I went ahead and purchased the top of the line 15" MBP while upgrading the RAM,Screen(HD) and Hard Drive on the same.

I would like to keep it in excellent condition right from day one and as such prevent any scratches,damage etc. Your help on the following would be greatly appreciated:

SHELL
    I was initially planning on buying a Incase hard shell. However, a trip to the local Apple store made me change my mind. I spoke to one of the Salespersons who told me that it would be better if I purchased the Speck Satin shell as it was easier to install and take off than the former. He said the material was about the same for both the products.

SLEEVE
    My next question to him was would the Speck Satin fit in the Incase Neoprene Sleeve I was planning on buying too. He told me that the Incase Hardshell+ Incase sleeve weren't a good combination as a lot of customers had experienced trouble with the same. Also, he said that he hadn't really really seen anybody with a Speck + Incase combination.

So, I am looking for any opinions/thoughts/suggestions on what would best for me please.(As far as possible, could you keep these limited just to Shells and cases)-Any brands.

Thanks
    Mak

2. mak713 thread starter macrumors member

3. kayloh20 macrumors regular

While I have both, I actually have never tried both at the same time. My guess is that it wouldn't work. My 15" older unibody MacBook Pro just barely slips in the sleeve (as in it brushes against both edges). Since the hard cases add a few millimeters on both ends, I don't think you'd be able to shove it in there.

4. Grkbella03 macrumors regular

This might seem or look silly but I bought my sleeve just recently from here: http://barrysfarm.net/ I got the fleece monster sleeve with blue eyes. I'm a girl so of course I find it super cute. And it can stretch for those with big cases.

As for cases - I'm still looking for some....I want hard-shell ones but cool looking at same time. Any suggestions?

5. SchneiderMan macrumors G3

SchneiderMan

I have a Speck SeeThru on my 15" Pro and it fits nicely into my Incase Sleeve. Just took it yesterday to my Apple store and when it took it out of the sleeve people looked at the color combination i have on and went *oh wow look at that* lol

6. Josh.C.123 macrumors member

i have an incase frost hardshell and an incase neoprene sleeve. there is only a bit of resistance putting it in at first but that may be because of the laptops size but taking it out is easy and smooth in my opinion. the speck non satin shell would have no issues but the satin material is helpful for moving and holding.

7. Hieu macrumors member

I have a 13" and I use the speck see thru with the incase sleeve. It fits perfectly and slides in and out smoothly.

However, I've stopped using the speck see thru recently because I forgot to clean it for a month and it made a bunch of scratches on the bottom of my macbook. -_-

8. mak713 thread starter macrumors member

9. mak713 thread starter macrumors member

10. sammyman macrumors 6502a

I want to know how that is different than neoprene too. Would love to see it in person prior to ordering.

11. tekchic macrumors 65816

tekchic

I don't use the hardshell, but I did try to fit my new 15" into the neoprene Incase sleeve at Best Buy and it was a really snug fit. In the end I wasn't comfortable having to graze the sides with the zipper every day, so I opted for a Targus sleeve that was slightly larger. Just what I went with, and I like it so far.