MacBook Pro Shiny Aluminum on Regis and Kelly

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swingerofbirch, Feb 4, 2008.

1. swingerofbirch macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
    I am watching Regis and Kelly right now and they are using a MacBook Pro and the back of it is a very glossy looking aluminum--it looks like the regular MacBook Pro but with the gloss of a MacBook--like it has a shellack on it. Anyone else see this? They were video conferencing with a couple in a hospital that also had a MacBook Pro that had a regular matte aluminum look. Quite strange.

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

You made me go scramble to watch Regis & Kelly, but it wasn't there. They were weighing women. You're just a plant to boost ratings, aren't you?! :p

3. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

Anyone tape this? I kind of doubt, though, that they would have some unreleased/unannounced product from Apple.

4. aforty macrumors 65816

aforty

I love the avatar! GO GIANTS! </ot>

5. Pees330 macrumors 6502

My one professors Macbook Pro has a shiny finish to the casing. I figure it is just a type of protection that is over it.

6. tMac85 macrumors 65816

tMac85

They prob just clean it really well. Its product placement. and plus the hundred of million watt light bulbs on them, it probably makes it seem more shiny than it is.

7. swingerofbirch thread starter macrumors 68030

The Amalgamated States of Central North America
  8. darfel macrumors member

I'm noticing MBP in commercials on TV shows a lot lately; before Dell had the spot light...now the pendulum is shifting.

9. Michael CM1 macrumors 603

I think Smallville is the only TV show I can think of that doesn't use Macs. THey have some crazy love affair with Dells (a newspaper of the Daily Planet's magnitude wouldn't be using PCs!!!!).

I have also noticed the iPhone product-placing like crazy. Everybody's got one in Moonlight, and one character on One Tree Hill has one. Perhaps if Veronica Mars would've pre-ordered one, the show wouldn't have been canceled (you're welcome, Mac advertising!).