Macbook Pro Shipping time - impressive!

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by acrafton, Jun 18, 2007.

1. acrafton macrumors 6502

So I ordered my 15" MBP with an upgraded 160GB drive last week and chose free shipping (3-5 business days). Well, I received a notice on the 14th (Thurs) that it was shipping from Shanghai China! It was delivered to FedEx at 8PM and from there it went to Anchorage, Alaska and then to Indy, and then to Dallas, and this morning was delivered to my house.

Is it just me or is that impressive for free shipping? Essentially 1 business day from China.

Nice.

Adam

2. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

That is impressive. I have never seen turnaround that fast for any built-to-order Apple product.

3. pdra05 macrumors regular

That's an amazing speed!! I've placed an order for mine last week on campus here in Melbourne and I'm still waiting... :( They told me it would take about a fortnight to a month!!! :confused:

4. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

I wish mine was that fast. I ordered mine on Monday, and it's gone Shanghai-Anchorage-Memphis-???. It took off from Memphis Saturday at 4:50 PM and hasn't been scanned again. :confused:

5. LuvAussies macrumors 6502

LuvAussies

Upgraded 160GB drive? Not the 7200rpm one I assume!?!?

6. anman7787 macrumors newbie

yeah, mine shipped out this morning from china and is supposed to get here by thursday, so not quite as quick, but i'm still happy.

7. PimpDaddy macrumors 6502

I ordered mine sunday the 10th. Free shipping and the site said that ready-to-ship was 4 days. I got here today. Going to pick it up in 5 minutes because I wasn't home when TNT came around with the package

edit: I ordered the 17'' Hi Rez with a 7200rpm drive

8. ajhaji macrumors regular

Exact same thing here. It shows the ETA as tomorrow. Our laptops just might be sitting next to each other!

9. zblaxberg Guest

zblaxberg

mine had pretty much the same route...it was very impressive

10. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

Yeah, mine says it'll be here by Thursday the 21. I WANT IT NOW. v.v

11. LightMast macrumors regular

OT:

Pimp, there are some very nice images in your gallery, good work!

12. alexeismertin macrumors regular

alexeismertin

Thats pretty good but whats your screen like - yellowish cast or normal?

13. acrafton thread starter macrumors 6502

So far appears normal. . .no issues.

14. Pants Dragon macrumors regular

I just phoned Fed Ex. Apparently it's in customs (I live in Canada) as of 2 hours ago, so my new ETA is tomorrow before 6 PM. :):):)

15. KristieMac macrumors 6502a

KristieMac

Mine was scheduled to arrive on the 13th, before 10:30, according to FedEx. It arrived the 12th at 10AM. Not to get anyone all excited, but be on the lookout for early arrivals. Mine shipped from China on the 9th. I was amazed at the shipping time!

16. BritCornflake macrumors newbie

BritCornflake

WOW! Thats really fast! I ordered mine Yesterday (monday) and got 2-3 day shipping, but it wont even ship til the 26th it says... then 2 days beyond that is the ETA... an dI paid for faster shipping! Oh well, everything else I got with the education discount and accessories should arrive by Thursday it says.... just waiting for the computer! :)