Macbook Pro shipping time?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LukeMP1186, Jul 7, 2009.

1. LukeMP1186 macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this, so I apologize if not. I ordered the 13" on Saturday, and it said it would be 7 to 10 business days before it's even shipped out. Will it actually take that long or is that a worst case scenario? My only customizations were adding RAM and a larger hard drive. Thanks...

2. LukeMP1186 thread starter macrumors newbie

3. covertyows macrumors member

well, I ordered mine last tuesday in the morning... June 30th, and it just tonight said prepared to ship. so yeah, its gonna take a while.

and at that time... it was 5-7 business days

4. gwerhart0800 macrumors 6502

I order a standard 13" MBP on July 3rd (at around 2:30 PM MDT) and it will be delivered on July 9th. Since Saturday was a holiday, I did not receive any updates on it until Monday morning. So, for me at least, it was 6 days ... assuming that FedEx does not screw something up.

5. LukeMP1186 thread starter macrumors newbie

Did you customize at all or did you go with the standard configuration? That is probably why it says mine will take longer.

6. airplaneman macrumors 6502a

I ordered my 15" 2.53 GHz on July 5th. It's getting here on the 23rd.:( Worth the wait, though.:D

7. covertyows macrumors member

standard 13" mbp 2.53 ghz

not a day later, it switched to the 7-10 day wait stuff

I think there has been a high demand for the 2.53 ghz 13" and 15"

8. covertyows macrumors member

I've got a question for those who have bought/received a mac from the online apple store.. are most of the products shipped directly from China?

the reason I ask is that I have seen ppl talk about receiving theirs from china, and I just saw on the tracking that shipped this morning that mine was coming from china as well.

9. AnotherFanBoy macrumors regular

Currently, any macbook with a 250GB hard drive is taking 7-10 days.

10. blarivee macrumors 6502

Yes, mine was shipped from China.

11. weux macrumors newbie

Upgrade you hard drive to a 320gb and it will probably ship out same day. At least mine did.

I think that maybe the delays have nothing to do with the MBP selling out but instead its all caused by a shortage of 250gb drives...

12. youyesyou macrumors member

Shipping time for MBP with 250 HDD is getting worse and worse. Now 7-10 days.

I'm waiting for my MBP 15" order.

When Apple expects to receive lots of 250 HDD to ship in 24hrs ?

13. 1ne macrumors regular

The first time from Fedex, it took 7days.

Then I decided I wanted the 17" instead, order it again and UPS took 2 days from China to Western Canada. WOW!!!

And I thought Fedex was better.:confused:

14. PolySciSurfer macrumors 6502

Why don't you guys just pay for over night shipping?

15. 1ne macrumors regular

I did. haha. And it still took Fedex 7 days.

16. airwalke macrumors member

Apple said that mine would ship between 4-6 days, and it ended up shipping the very next day. :eek: Still waiting for its arrival tomorrow, which is still 5 days sooner than Fedex initially said it would be delivered by. I would say that reports will widely vary, depending on availability and like others said, the amount of customization that you put into it.

17. t0mat0 macrumors 603

t0mat0

Rough estimates from delivery can change quite a bit - they can accelerate and deliver a day or two prior to original estimates sometimes, so keep tracking it.

18. biiishplz macrumors newbie

I ordered my 13" MBP on Thursday, July 2nd at 2:57AM PDT. It shipped out late July 5th (a Sunday; it was actually first thing Monday morning on the 6th in Shanghai), and it arrived just before 10AM on Wednesday, July 8th. The only customization specified was 4 GB RAM (I already had a 320 GB 7200 rpm HDD to put in it). I took advantage of the "Buy a Mac for college and get a free iPod touch" promotion and ordered the 8GB iPod Touch with it. The iPod touch shipped July 3rd and arrived July 6th.

19. harry454 macrumors 6502

CTO one on tuesday the order was placed arrived today VIA priority shipping. Took about 2 days actual shipping time.

20. youyesyou macrumors member

No fast shipping option at the french Apple Store :(