Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Dr. Scientist

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
Hey everyone.

So I ordered a new stock 13" Macbook Pro this morning, and it shipped today. I was given a tracking number, but it hasn't activated yet.

I got free shipping, but when I called Apple for a shipping estimate, they said it should either arrive tomorrow, or the day after. I asked if I would really get it on Saturday if not Friday, and they confirmed the package will be delivered Friday.

I was like what? I asked them if they were for serious, they said yes. So I called back and talked to someone else, similar answer, but they added and said Monday for sure.

I thought free shipping was 3-5/7-10 business days?

I dunno if I should get my hopes up or what.

Any input would be appreciated.

alphaod

macrumors Core
Feb 9, 2008
NYC
So the configuration you ordered is in-stock at a warehouse nearby and you're complaining it'll arrive early? :confused:

Dr. Scientist

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 24, 2010
So the configuration you ordered is in-stock at a warehouse nearby and you're complaining it'll arrive early? :confused:

Complaining? Um, no. Questioning whether a delivery estimate is accurate? Yes. If you read my OP, you'll clearly see this sentence which explains the premise for my post:

I dunno if I should get my hopes up or what.

I called Fedex. Turns out the delivery estimate was wrong and I won't be getting it for another week.

Thanks.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.