Macbook Pro Shipping Time

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Dr. Scientist, Aug 5, 2010.

1. Dr. Scientist macrumors member

Hey everyone.

So I ordered a new stock 13" Macbook Pro this morning, and it shipped today. I was given a tracking number, but it hasn't activated yet.

I got free shipping, but when I called Apple for a shipping estimate, they said it should either arrive tomorrow, or the day after. I asked if I would really get it on Saturday if not Friday, and they confirmed the package will be delivered Friday.

I was like what? I asked them if they were for serious, they said yes. So I called back and talked to someone else, similar answer, but they added and said Monday for sure.

I thought free shipping was 3-5/7-10 business days?

I dunno if I should get my hopes up or what.

Any input would be appreciated.

2. farmermac macrumors 6502a

3. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

So the configuration you ordered is in-stock at a warehouse nearby and you're complaining it'll arrive early? :confused:

4. TheBritishBloke macrumors 68030

TheBritishBloke

Free shipping on Macs is done by FedEx, which is a next day service in the US.

5. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

FedEx Ground is not a next-day service in the US; sure there are locations where it's 1 day transit time, but in no way is it guaranteed.

6. Dr. Scientist thread starter macrumors member

Complaining? Um, no. Questioning whether a delivery estimate is accurate? Yes. If you read my OP, you'll clearly see this sentence which explains the premise for my post:

I dunno if I should get my hopes up or what.

I called Fedex. Turns out the delivery estimate was wrong and I won't be getting it for another week.

Thanks.

7. wschutz macrumors 6502

Relax, get out and have a coffee or a beer :)
    Enjoy life and summer!