Macbook Pro Shipping

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by th3goob, Jun 5, 2011.

1. th3goob macrumors regular

I recently purchased a macbook pro and paid the extra money for 2-3 day shipping and the estimated delivery date is 10 days not 2-3 what is up with that?

2. Chaelmc macrumors newbie

Did you order it from Apples online store, and did you upgrade any of the components within it?

I had to wait 3 days for dispatch before shipping even came into it because I wanted the 2.3ghz CPU, maybe you have something similar?

Just a guess :eek:

3. cloroxbleach4 macrumors 6502a

cloroxbleach4

Was your machine a BTO?

You paid for 2-3 day shipping from the time it gets shipped.

4. altecXP macrumors 65816

You paid for the Shipping to take 2-3 days, not for the building and shipping.

5. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

6. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

Yea i upgraded the hdd, and now i understand im just super eager to recieve my mac, the good news is they shipped my printer and my apple care haha,was gonna upgrade more but for all of what i have now it came out to 1725...

7. Goohfy macrumors regular

Goohfy

The upgrades will also slow down the process.

8. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

yea, i dont understand why, i thought hmm maybe they will allready have the macbook pro with a 500gb hdd so it wouldnt take long, but no they didnt.

9. bpeeps macrumors 68020

bpeeps

Wow.

Um, they have to BUILD it. It is build to order. You customize it and then they build it. They have stock configurations that are ready to go. They do not have every configuration you could select ready to be shipped.

10. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

i thought they would have every verison ready to go with just the ugpraded hdd, but im sorry im wrong. and i know they have to build it....

11. th3goob thread starter macrumors regular

2-3 day shipping

My 2-3 day shipping turn out to be 1 day shipping yay! my mac will be here today along with my printer