Macbook Pro showing lighted apple on the screen.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Perplexe, Apr 9, 2011.

1. Perplexe macrumors newbie

Last summer, i bought a 15' i7 MBP HighRez Antiglare. Got apple care and all.
    Recently my screen has been acting up. In the center of the screen, where the apple would be on the back, I see (Although lightly) the shape of the said apple whited out. I can only see it when I have a light colored background (most websites). That spot is whiter than the rest of the screen. You only notice it when using Mid to high brightness settings.

Is that covered by apple care?
    If so what will they be doing?
    How long should it take?

2. simsaladimbamba

That is the light from behind the screen shining through the Apple onto the backside of the display itself and it is perfectly normal.

3. Perplexe thread starter macrumors newbie

4. simsaladimbamba

I am sure, as there have been many threads about this and all my Apple notebooks with a backlit logo have this feature. It only happens when the screen is not bright and the light behind the screen is bright.

5. Tonepoet macrumors regular

Just out of curiosity, just how do you get in that situation? I just took a look at the back of my own Macbook Pro and when I adjust my monitor's brightness, the back pannel's logo brightness adjusts to match.

6. NikFinn macrumors 6502a

NikFinn

I've experienced this when an external light source finds its way into the Apple. Mostly this happens when I'm sitting in front of a window or something similar.

7. Perplexe thread starter macrumors newbie

What if i tell you it happens all the time? In dim light conditions as well as in properly lighted settings.

8. TuffLuffJimmy macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

Then I'd tell you if you don't have a light source behind the computer it won't happen.