MacBook Pro shows 2 battery Icons

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by toiday, May 3, 2012.

1. toiday macrumors regular

I recently noticed that my MacBook Pro shows 2 battery icons. One of which is always at 100%. I don't know exactly when it started to showing that but it wasn't like that before. I didn't add any battery neither. Does anyone experience the same thing or know what has caused that?

MacBookPro6,2
    Intel Core i5 2.4 GHz
    OS X 10.6.8 (10K549)
    Darwin 10.8.0

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Take a screen shot and post it.

3. toiday thread starter macrumors regular

My MacBook Pro experience a "hard crash" which a black window come up with a message in 5 different languages saying I need to press and hold the power button. After boot up again, I'm back with only one battery icon. But I was able to take a screenshot prior to that. I still interest in finding out why it behaved that way.

Attached Files:

4. kastorff macrumors regular

kastorff

Normal scenario for two battery icons is a MacBook or MacBook Pro plugged into a smart UPS with a USB monitoring cable. You see the built in battery indicator, and the UPS battery indicator. Since you rebooted and it reverted to a single battery icon, something else is going on. Any other battery related utilities you are running?

5. mac-collector macrumors regular

mac-collector

Are you sure Apple didn't accidentally give you the 2012 dual-battery MBP prototype?

6. sweetbrat macrumors 65816

sweetbrat

This was my first thought, as it's the only time I see two indicators like that. I have a UPS set up in my office. If I connect my computer to all the stuff in the office, I see the UPS battery status. When I unplug from the UPS, the second indicator usually sticks around until I reboot (a glitch I guess). After reboot it remains gone unless I connect it to the UPS again.

OP, did you have it connected to a UPS at some point? And has it not been connected to the UPS system since you rebooted?

7. scottmil macrumors newbie

Two battery icons on MacBook Pro

Per attached screenshot, I also see two battery icons on my MacBook Pro 2.8 GHz I7, OSX 10.8.5 The battery status in the Energy Saver preference seems to be the average of the two icon status values. Any clues what is going on? I have an APC BackUpsES with USB cable attached to my MacBook Pro.

Attached Files:

8. priitv8 macrumors 68020

Perhaps this?
    http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=775522