Macbook Pro shut down on first calibration

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by sulhaq, Apr 23, 2010.

1. sulhaq macrumors regular

sulhaq

Hey Guys,

I just got my 17'' i7 yesterday and after doing the usual setup I decided to calibrate the battery.

I was using the laptop all day and late into the night so I changed energy saver settings to "Never Sleep" and "Never turn off monitor" Unchecked "Put hard-disks to sleep when possible" and went to bed.

When I woke up the battery was at 2% and the low battery warning was showing.

I clicked ok and started browsing the net. About 5 minutes after hitting 0% the macbook pro shut down instead of sleeping.

I have read many threads on this using MRoogle but they never address if Energy Saver settings have anything to do with safesleep. So, is this a real problem and I should return it? Or did it happen because in Energy Saver I told it to never sleep (I would assume it's the former).

Thanks for the help!

2. Dr. Scientist macrumors member

I'm having the same exact problem, pretty much.

Were you ever able to find a solution?

My situation is here.

Thanks.

3. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

No, it's not a problem. If you leave it unplugged for 5+ hours, it should fully drain the battery. As it says in the calibration steps:
    This should answer most, if not all, of your battery questions: Apple Notebook Battery FAQ