MacBook Pro shutdown by itself

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by loscamos93, Nov 5, 2015.

1. loscamos93 macrumors newbie

I have a 2009 MacBook Pro 15". I updated the RAM 4 years ago and 1 year ago i replaced my HDD with a Samsung 840 EVO. During this month I'm having some issue because the MacBook shutdown by itself for no reason. It's not overheating because I can happen while I'm only using simple programs. It's not a kernel panic because I have no log after the shutdown. I only got 2 kernel panic due to I/O and NVIDIA card, but this is not the main reason for my issue since most of the time I have no logs. I checked the console and I saw the shutdown code -62. I did reset PRAM and SMC but nothing changed. The AHT gave me this result 4hdd/11/40000000:sata(0,0) but as I red it's normal with some SSD's. What do you think about it?

2. Max(IT) Suspended

Max(IT)

If it isn't overheating, than it could be an hardware failure (cpu, ram or the battery itself)....

3. jdelgado macrumors regular

I had a similar problem with my MBP 2012. However, I had more issues: it did not charge, or showed no charge while plugged in, or the charger did not acknowledge being connected. I took it to service and the motherboard had trouble and got it replaced.
    Maybe you should have it checked.

4. loscamos93 thread starter macrumors newbie

I think it could be a logic board problem... If the problem is between the ram, battery, he'd I would expect some errors instead of a shutdown without any other sign. What do you think?

5. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

Sounds like a logic board issue, but could well be a software issue have you tried a fresh install of OSX and only loading back what you want to keep it could sort out your issues and clean up your computer at the same time. If that doesn't work I'd run the apple hardware test or similar.

6. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Definitely sounds like hardware. Run the Apple Hardware Test, or bring it in to an apple store, but I suspect at its age, it may not be worth repairing.