Macbook Pro shutsdown after few minutes.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by TrevorR90, Mar 16, 2010.

1. TrevorR90 macrumors newbie

Ok, I got off the internet and wiped down my keyboard with a clorox wipe, about 5 minutes later, a message comes up and prompts a shut down, sleep, restart, basically the exact same message comes up when you press the power button. I clicked cancel, about 10 seconds later it shut downs. I started it up again and it went to the start page everythin looks fine, but then shortly after the thing comes up again, so I click cancel and about 20 seconds later it shuts down.. I started it up again and this time when it came up I clicked cancel and pressed on the power button and kept clicking cancel and I can click on the power button and keep clicking cancel and the computer will stay on for as long as I keep pressing the power button and click on cancel. But heres the thing, every 3 or 4 clickings of the power button, Itunes will turn on and play music or it switches songs or pauses, or it brightens the screen or lowers the brightness, even the dashboard comes on when clicking the power button. Its like when I click the power button every 3rd or 4th press it will activate the keys on top from f1-f9. Could this be a short?

Is there anything I can try to get around this problem, I'm in the middle of nowhere in Afghanistan and a Helicopter comes in every month and picks up outgoing mail so If I call apple and send it in for repairs I will be without it for 2-3 months possibly and I can't do that. My work is on my laptop!!

2. TrevorR90 thread starter macrumors newbie

This is a Macbook Pro 15" late 2009 unibody model.