Macbook Pro sizes running different software?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by flatairbag, Oct 5, 2011.

1. flatairbag macrumors newbie

Hi to everyone, Im new here!

I recently purchased a 15inch and 13inch Macbookpro from a UK based Apple store.
    Getting them home and both turned on, I notice big differences in the apps that are installed and running on each machine.

The 13inch seems to have a stripped down Mail app with less features, has Facetime feature and also calls it "Turn Wireless On" instead of "Turn Airport On".

There are lots more differences but I just wanted to ask why this might be if they were both purchased at the same time and both are MacBookPro models?

Sorry if Ive completely overlooked something here, but the folks at Apple are unable to explain this correctly to me.

Regards, John - Cheshire, UK.

2. simsaladimbamba

3. flatairbag thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for the prompt reply. My 15inch his running 10.6.8, Ill check the 13inch tonight when I get in... but I have a sneaky feeling from what you have just asked me, that they may be on different versions.

Would this be usual when selling two of the same model computers at the same time?

Thank you again for the fast response.

4. simsaladimbamba

It would not be usual, but not unusual, as you should still be eligible for a free upgrade to Lion, as you bought it after Lion was released but it has it installed onto it.
    LION Up-To_date program