MacBook Pro Skin+Case

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Macdude2010, Jul 19, 2012.

1. Macdude2010 macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

Has anyone tried putting on one of those skins like the invisible shield on the Macbook Pro and then putting on a hard case like the Speck SeeThru Case? I was wondering if the Speck case would fit on the rMBP once the skin is on. I have a Incase case on my 13 inch and it makes these tiny craters in the metal that I cannot get out, I don't want the same thing to happen to my $4k MacBook Pro when I get it, so I was wondering if I could put the Invisible Shield on first and then put a case over it. Anyone ever try this?

2. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

2 suggestions:

1. Buy the Speck skin. It should fit because of the thin body of the RMBP. I had an old non unibody in an Incase 15" neoprene sleeve and it fit great. So RMBP should fit perfectly with the skin on.

2. Don't use a skin but be careful with your mac. I never made any dents on niether of my MBP before. Make sure you always put both zippers together on one side of the sleeve. And always store it with both zippers looking up. That will help lots to keep your mac undented.

3. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

There are no dents in my Macbook Pro, this is just dirt that has gotten inside and imprinted itself onto the computer, i clean the case out weekly, so it about as careful as it can be, I've babied this computer over the last 3 years and it looks almost brand new, I am attaching images to show what i'm talking about

Also, I am using my MacBook in a education environment, going class to class, so its necessary to have protection from dents and other things.

Attached Files:

4. ivoruest macrumors 6502

ivoruest

5. Netquity macrumors newbie

Yes, I really dislike speck cases because of this reason. It's like the old days with the leather car bras. It would stop stone chips but the dirt underneath would just rub and scratch the paint.

I've used Invisible shield on quite a few machines for over 3 years and they still look new. My new rMBP is covered with wrapsol which has now completely won me over. I love the matte look over the glossy. We'll see if it holds up just as well.

Good luck in your decision!

6. spdntrxi macrumors regular

I'm using a wrapsol now.. and will try the speck over the wrapsol when the speck is released for the rMBP... Speck is the issue... not available yet.

7. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

There is a knockoff one available, it's on amazon for $25, anyone want to try this?

8. spdntrxi macrumors regular

yeah I thought about it... wish Speck would give a date, then I could decide to get the knockoff or wait ?? just in limbo now.

9. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

They said mid-late august for them to come out, they tweeted about it today

10. igiboi macrumors member

thats probably dirt that scratched up your mbp. I don't use my incase all the time, just when I have to leave the house. I don't recommend zagg or stickers on yours cos I believe that the aluminum body on mbp helps in dispersion of heat.

11. voronoi macrumors member

Tried the Kuzy one, mine arrived with cracks and some deformities along the inner edges (made the case look slightly warped). I'm getting a replacement from them since it seems no one else is coming out with cases for another month. There's another post somewhere on the bags, sleeves, and cases thread with pictures where the poster said the case was perfect. Here's hoping mine was just an isolated defect!

12. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

it is dirt, and i bring my macbook around a lot so i want to have the case and stickers on

13. igiboi macrumors member

I had the speck see thru, and just for fun I got the incase case green with soft touch material. It feels really nice to touch, just like what I have on my phone. Speck has an excellent case but plastic feel seems to turn me off.

14. gloryrichards macrumors newbie

did you try it?

just got my mbpr & was wondering the same thing. i had a 13' macbook pro and i used an incase hard shell cover which ended up scratching it. i loved the feeling of the case but want to prevent scratches so i wanted to put a skin on first. did you figure out if it would fit using both?

15. spdntrxi macrumors regular

I'm using a wrapsol with the kuzy right now.. Pretty good fit actually... just put the kuzy on yesterday.

16. Meever macrumors 6502a

I've got one from bestskinever. It's good. I think skins are the way to go. Cases are nice but they add so much weight and girth. They also don't help with scratches (dirt always finds its way into the cases somehow)

I would just go with a nice skin and be careful.

17. spdntrxi macrumors regular

i think that's why the question was asked in the first place.. skin+case = better protection. My kuzy adds little, it is super light and only a few mills thick. I would not go as far to say it adds so much girth and weight.

yes dirt will find a way, but the skin will help stop the scratching assuming you clean it from time to time.

18. Macdude2010 thread starter macrumors 65816

Macdude2010

i realized that the wrapsol doesn't cover the sides, which i fear is the main problem of getting the case one, can anyone test a case with the best skins ever?

19. roGGelia macrumors newbie

HI i recently buy a MBP 13 inch and i was thinking the same thing, i would like to try put an invisible skin + hard case! you tried it??

20. Arnezie macrumors 65816

Arnezie

2.7 16 768 would run $3,749.00 before taxes, thanks for your contribution :rolleyes: