Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Archdinkles

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Sep 26, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm trying to design a macbook skin for myself using photoshop/illustrator but i am not sure what the measurements are for my 13 inch MBP.... I'm also trying to position the apple logo at the centre as part of the design but i am not sure what the measurements are for it so i hope some designer out there can advise me on this...~

tpg

macrumors regular
Mar 19, 2010
Hey guys,

I'm trying to design a macbook skin for myself using photoshop/illustrator but i am not sure what the measurements are for my 13 inch MBP.... I'm also trying to position the apple logo at the centre as part of the design but i am not sure what the measurements are for it so i hope some designer out there can advise me on this...~

I don't want to sound silly - but couldn't you use a ruler? That's probably the only way to get it to sub-millimetre accuracy.

opeter

macrumors 68030
Aug 5, 2007
Slovenia
As tpg said, why don't you use a ruler and measure it yourself?

I've got only a PC so I can't measure you a Macbook Pro.

laurim

macrumors 68000
Sep 19, 2003
Minnesota USA
an actual attempt to be helpful

Here's a template from a custom skin provider:

http://templates.12inchskinz.com/templates/macbook_pro_unibody_13.pdf

hope this helps

Oh, and for the smartasses. Obviously you've never designed something like this or you would know it's hard to measure something like this on your own unless you know the specs of the company making the skin. Do you measure it including the curved part or only the flat part? Makes a big difference if you want the apple in exactly the right place. Next time, if you don't know the answer, how about keeping your smartass remarks to yourself?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.