Macbook Pro Skins or Hardcases?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by JHNguyen, Apr 13, 2008.

1. JHNguyen macrumors member

Of course, I like the MBP the way it is.. but, my MBP was ran over by a car.

See this thread: http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=448620

I had to bend/hammer the bottom shell so it'd be flat, and there's a few other dents. Besides that, it works fine. I'm looking for something that will cover these flaws..

The Speck Hardcase came to mind, but I was curious if anyone had any other suggestions?

One thing I'm afraid of is if they'll fit. There are dents in my macbook, not super huge, but they're fairly noticeable.

2. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

The speck cases are pretty form fitting, I don't think they will fit over that...have you thought about replacing the casing?

3. steinlager macrumors regular

I think the baseline quote is $400 and rises exponentially after that.

4. wgilles macrumors 6502

wgilles

5. digitalpencil macrumors 6502

digitalpencil

Oh **** dude! When you said 'not super huge' I figured you meant a couple of dents.. those are pretty big AFAIC! I doubt the speck'll go over it as wgilles said. Yeh, try for a new case.. can you even use your drive?

6. JHNguyen thread starter macrumors member

The top case isn't as bad as it looks. It's still pretty straight.. just that dent in it. The lcd works fine. That's pretty much the only dent.

The bottom case I took apart, and bent back into place. CD's didn't fit before, but now it works fine. The superdrive works fine as well.

Of course, I would do the case replacements but the bottom case is pretty complicated to do and I wouldn't trust myself. So cases + labor might add up to $600-$700. I was hoping for just a hardcase to cover the flaws.