MacBook Pro skins/stickers (removable), anyone have one?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by techmonkey, Sep 24, 2007.

1. techmonkey macrumors 6502a

I want to personalize my MacBook Pro. It would be nice to get it etched, but its pretty expensive and none in my area. Is there a "skin" or sticker that is made for the MacBook Pro? It would have to be easily removable and leave no residue.

2. brand macrumors 601

brand

Just so you know, skins and stickers will not make your MBP run faster.

3. techmonkey thread starter macrumors 6502a

hehe, just like adding a spoiler on your car wont make it faster. I hope nobody buys case mods thinking it would run faster, sheesh.

Anyway, like I said, I want to customize my laptop. If anyone has any suggestions, please post.

4. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Actually like the spoiler, it could make it slower. Once you get fast enough, the skin will act like an insulator and decrease cooling performance.

5. hitman45400 macrumors regular

I don't know if this is what your looking for but try this..
    http://www.dinglife.com/
    go to the Devices on the left hand side, laptops, then MacBook Pro.

6. Dizzee macrumors member

ok. first off i dont think he thought it would in any way make his mbp faster. second i doubt it will actually make the mbp that much warmer... thirdly, spoilers do indeed make cars better/faster. it does create drag, but it creates downwards drag, keeping the car onto the ground and making the tires stick to the road better, giving better traction, making it perform better. hope that made sense...

7. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Yeah only if you drive fast enough. :p

8. neoben macrumors member

Howdy...

Our firm is all Mac, and all our sales people have MacBooks or MBPs. We have created skins for all of them (hey.. it's free advertsing!)..

We've tried iToppers.com, but were very disappointed with both the quality of their skins (horrible banding in the printing) and lousy customer support (basically told us to go stuff ourselves when we complained about the banding).

...on the other hand, we've had good success with SkinIt.com. Great print quality, and very fast turn around. The skins go on easily and stay put, but peel off with no residue when you're done with them...

Hope that helps.

Best,

Ben

----------------------------------------------------
    Benjamin Freedman
    VisitMyLuxuryHome.com

9. econoline06 macrumors 6502

econoline06

Unless you have a front wheel drive car ;), then it just makes it squirrelly on the highway (hard to control). If the car was meant to have a spoiler on it, it would have had one from the factory, IMO. Anyway, back to the subject: I tried "bestskinsever" and they sucked honestly. Skins are nearly impossible to put on right. I have seen it done...I'm just saying its hard.

10. uiop. macrumors 68020

uiop.

In no way shape or form do spoilers/decklids on cars slow them down. Would that make any sense for Porsche to put them on their cars to "slow" them? No.
    Also, a skin on the back of the display would not cause heat problems. Last I checked, you had a skin all over your MacBook Pro and it's called an InvisibleShield.

Makes perfect sense. Thank you.

11. nephilim7 macrumors regular

win