Macbook Pro Sleep Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by badcrc32, Mar 3, 2011.

1. badcrc32 macrumors regular

All-

If you could be so kind to help me out. When my Macbook pro goes to sleep the screen goes black and it wont wake without a reboot even holding the key for just a second, closing and reopening the lid.

Thanks so much! This is for a new model just released Macbook pro 13 inch. My old gen works fine

:apple:

2. doug in albq Suspended

doug in albq

having the same issue as well on my 2011 MBP 13 i5.

It only occurs when AUTO-sleep puts the computer to sleep. If I manually sleep it, all is fine.

I also get this in the console when this glitch occurs:

***debug info for apparent hang in main graphics engine ***

3. dapickle macrumors newbie

I've had my new MBP 13" base for 6 days (my first mac:) and that has happened to me twice. I used to work in a PC repair shop, so I'm not worried because I know that computers don't always work 100%, they will glitch now and then. If the issue continues a couple more times though, I'll take it in to get it looked at.

Does this happen to you each and every time it goes to sleep? If not, how many times has it happened? If it's 3 or more I'd take it in and have someone look at it.

4. SteinMaster macrumors 6502

SteinMaster

I'm on my second (replacement) 2011 MBP 15' 2.3GHz. I'm still having sleep issues. It will not wake from sleep when it auto sleeps. The screen is black but the keyboard lights are on. I'm not happy about this considering the amount of money I spent on this. I upgraded from a 2008 MBP, which I never had any issues. Apple needs to fix this because it seems it is a wide-spread issue. I have seen other complaints about this for the 2011 models. Seems like there are numerous issues with the 2011 models.

5. squeakr macrumors 68000

squeakr

I don't have this issue on my 2011 15" 2.3, but had this exact same issue on my early 2008 15". What I found was that the bluetooth was hijacking the system sometimes (happened due to my magic mouse). Do you have BT on by chsnce?? ARe you sure that the screen backlighting hasn't gone down to the minimum and isn't lighting (try clicking the backlight keys to raise it)?

6. melgo2 macrumors newbie

Having the same wake up from sleep problem

Having similar problems with my MBP 2011 i7 2.0.
    When the computer puts itself to sleep, or if I manually put it to sleep, after a few hours, I can't wake it up and the display is black or if it does go on, the screen is jacked. The keys are lit, but no activity on the screen and I hear the HD working but no response. It almost seems like it went into a comma! I have to do a hard reset to get it working again. The problem is intermittent, but it still bugs the living crap out of me~

So today, I just downloaded the latest update to OS X 10.6.7 and hoping this fixes the problem.

This is my first macbook and I only had it for a week and I'm getting disappointed already. I spent more than 2K for this thing with high expectations!

We'll see how it goes in the next few days...
    Not impressed at all.

7. IceMacMac macrumors 6502

8. Russell L macrumors regular

This happened only once to my 2011 17" MBP (base configuration), though I believe I had set it to sleep instead of letting it auto-sleep. Otherwise, the laptop has been flawless (even through countless other sleep/wake situations). Still, I know that if it happened once, it could certainly happen again....

I'm hoping the problem will be corrected in a future software update.

9. Suanmiao macrumors member

other programs?

sometimes other programs would interfere with the sleep/wake up ability.
    try quit every running programs and close/open the lid, if it still happens i'd bring it in for a check