Macbook Pro Sleep Problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Winglet, Jan 23, 2008.

1. Winglet macrumors regular

Winglet

Hi,

Just noticed a problem with 2 month old MBP running Leopard. If I choose "sleep" from the menu bar, it sleeps but will not wake. Even if you hit the power on/off key, it won't wake up. You have to shut it down and then it reboots find. Here's the odd part. If you just close the lid, thus putting it to sleep, it wakes fine.

Any ideas as to why this is happening would be greatly appreciated.

2. CP1091 macrumors regular

CP1091

Mine did that, but only because the battery power was very low..

3. Pivzavod macrumors member

drivers

I'm pretty sure it's because of some old drivers. It happened to my absolutely new MBP when i plugged logitech with old drivers. Having spent about an hour, i unplugged the mouse and it woke up! I tested several times, and it worked. After installing latest drivers from logitech everything is perfect.

4. Winglet thread starter macrumors regular

Winglet

Thanks for the suggestions. I did all of them and it still hangs from the menu bar sleep. Still wakes fine from closing the lid sleep. Go figure!:confused:

5. Pivzavod macrumors member

I dont believe it can happen because of the hardware problems, but still try to run the hardware test from your boot DVD 1, insert it and hold 'd'(or 's', dont remember) when loading. Unplug all devices from your mbp and try to reinstall the drivers. If it does not help and bothers you, reinstall Leopard.

6. Winglet thread starter macrumors regular

Winglet

Thanks for the suggestion.

I don't really have "old drivers". The only peripheral stuff that is installed is two HP printers, running off leopard drivers and not continuously connected to the laptop. Actually, almost never use either one.

Have installed a Logitech V470 bluetooth mouse and downloaded most recent drivers from Logitech. Didn't use the CD they included in the package.

The computer was doing this before the addition of the mouse drivers.

I can live with it, just wondering if (1) anyone else experiencing the same thing. (2) If yes, what, if anything caused and/or fixed the problem.

7. MarkW19 macrumors 65816

Has anyone else had a sleep problem with MBPs? Mine arrives next week, and I will need to sleep/wake it very often, and won't be able to afford the delay caused by a crash (live music)!

8. Crossbone macrumors regular

9. stbh macrumors newbie

Same problem, 2.6 GHZ MBP

Mine does not even want to wake up by opening up. Tried the gesture (turning machine off, remove battery and power connection, press down powerbutton for 5 seconds than place battery back and connect power). Should resolve the issue. Bit hesitant to try now, will keep you posted.

10. squeeks macrumors 68040

squeeks

its a bug in either the 10.5.2 update or the graphics update...its completly random though as to what machines it affects...it does it on mine, but not on my friends same model machine bought a month later

11. Csmitte macrumors 6502

Csmitte

do you run istat? if so disable the network part, i had the same problem, i did this and i have not had a problem since.

cheers