Macbook Pro Sleep Problems -- after "repair"

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by triplefinger, Nov 21, 2007.

1. triplefinger macrumors member

Hi,
    I recently had to have my HD and superdrive replaced(under warranty) and when the computer came back it now has sleep issues.

When I shut the lid, it does not sleep. When I open the lid, it does not wake.

I have to manually put it to sleep and wake it up. it has the same result in a brand new user and with both the power cord connected and in battery power.

Any thoughts?

added 11/27/07 -- anyone? bueller? anyone? I'm so alone :(

MBpro/10.4.11
    2ghz intel core duo
    2gb ram

2. triplefinger thread starter macrumors member

possible fix?

stay tuned.

i found that the drive came back from repair formatted for PPC mac not INTEL, I have to reformat it to install Leopard.

I'll relay the results.

3. triplefinger thread starter macrumors member

no luck

applecare says it sounds like a motherboard, they're sending a box.

4. Osprey macrumors 6502

I am really sorry! You shouldn't have to have additional problems when you have just received your MBP back from repairs. I guess the up side is that you will end up with a lots of new parts that hopefully will be in perfect working order for a long time to come.

5. triplefinger thread starter macrumors member

6. Tadros86 macrumors 6502

Tadros86

I am kinda slow when reading certain things. But I may be having the same sleep issue that you are having?

I have a Macbook Pro 2.4ghz Santa Rosa, the most recent release of the macbook pro aside from the 2.6 bump, anyway. When using Tiger I would close my laptop screen and it would go right to sleep fine. I updated to Leopard and now when I close my lid, it will go to sleep for about 30 seconds, and wake up. I know it wakes up because the apple logo shows the screen light. Anyway, when installing leopard on an external hard drive and booting up from that, when I close the lid it sleeps, when I close the lid booting from Tiger it still sleeps, when booting from tiger on an external it sleeps. Its only when booting from Leopard on the internal that it doesn't sleep. I've been on hold with Apple for about 1 and a half hours all 5 times that I've called them about this issue and I am still going no where with it. Its really annoying. The last thing they told me to do was format my external, which is soo annoying cause I've done that about 5 times now, and make a copy of the internal hard drive onto the external and see what happens. Now, when I did that, and booted from the external it went to sleep. What the hell. . . I'll have to call up Apple again and tell them whats going on. It's just so crappy that I've spent so much time formatting my internal and external drives and re installing programs like logic which is 8 discs long, I will never get that time back. Darn it Apple.