MacBook Pro Sleeve and Bag (In the UK?)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by RetepNamenots, Jul 24, 2009.

1. RetepNamenots macrumors 6502

Hi, I know that this topic in general has been done to death already, but I'm looking for replies with suggestions for sleeves and bags that I can buy in the UK.

I've been looking at Crumpler's range, but they are fairly expensive.

Basically I'm looking for a 17" MacBook Pro Unibody (Mid 2009) sleeve (preferably not neoprene, I hate that material), which would just be used to protect the laptop from external scratches, as well as some sort of messenger/laptop bag that would be used to hold the laptop in it's sleeve, a couple of books, and then a power adapter/mouse.

I've not got much of an idea as to where to start unfortunately, and I'd rather get a few recommendations from people rather than just buy some no-brand case from Amazon.

Thanks

2. limesmoothie macrumors 6502

Hi

As far as sleeves go, I'd recommend the Be-ez LaRobe, they are excellent, properly padded to provide protection against knocks.

I've a Crumpler Cheesy Disco which is a good bag but frankly they are not worth the money asked full price (I got mine in a sale).

For a cheaper but well built alternative, have you thought about the Swissgear range? Misco sometimes have them on offer - I picked up a backpack for £9.99 and it is high quality - they also do laptop cases.

3. RetepNamenots thread starter macrumors 6502

I love the look of the crumplers still! Unfortunately that model doesn't fit the 17" MBP... which is a shame because it comes with a sleeve..