Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
I just bought a Coach bag online, and it has _just_ enough room for my Macbook Pro, _if_ I don't put my incase sleeve on it. Given this extremely tight fit, I'm looking for a different sleeve which will bit my macbook pro like a glove.

I've been googling for a while now, and have found something that may work (http://www.tucono.it). However, it looks like it may be a bit too thick for my needs.

Does anyone have any recommendations that may help me?

yord

macrumors newbie
Oct 12, 2006
darrengreer said:
I just bought a Coach bag online, and it has _just_ enough room for my Macbook Pro, _if_ I don't put my incase sleeve on it. Given this extremely tight fit, I'm looking for a different sleeve which will bit my macbook pro like a glove.

I've been googling for a while now, and have found something that may work (http://www.tucono.it). However, it looks like it may be a bit too thick for my needs.

Does anyone have any recommendations that may help me?

Here you go [http://www.radtech.us/Products/SleevzNotebooks.aspx]. I got my sleeve with my machine back in Feb and I love it!

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
If you want it really tight get a PB 15" sleeve and not a 15.4" MBP one.
I use my old PB 15" sleeve with my MBP cause I'm too cheap to get a proper fitting one :D

dwd3885

macrumors 68020
Dec 10, 2004
i jsut got my waterfield designs sleeve for my new macbook pro and it's awesome.

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
dwd3885 said:
i jsut got my waterfield designs sleeve for my new macbook pro and it's awesome.

How much extra length and width does it add to the MBP? Measured would be awesome.

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
Steve Jobless said:
i dont have anything to add, but i am looking for a bag, would you mind showing me the one you have?

http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5080.jpg
http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5081.jpg
http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5082.jpg
http://photography.greerfam.com/coach/IMG_5084.jpg

It is a _very_ tight fit with my macbook pro. With the sleeve on, the top zipper will be putting pressure on the macbook pro, hence the need for the sleeve. I'm worried that the opening of the sleeve will leave it unprotected, so we'll see.

YS2003

macrumors 68020
Dec 24, 2004
Finally I have arrived.....
I use Radtech's optex sleeves for my iBook and 12" PB; they fit nice and snuggly on Macs. So, I think their sleeves for MBP should be a nice fit as well.

I came across with this interesting product for MBP. It says you can keep it on even when you are using the computer, which comes in handy as you don't need to remove the sleeve before use.

yg17

macrumors Pentium
Aug 1, 2004
St. Louis, MO
My STM sleeve for my PowerBook fits my Powerbook like a glove....the only time there's open air inside there is when my PowerBook is on vacation in Houston getting a major part replaced at the repair depot :rolleyes:

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
YS2003 said:
I came across with this interesting product for MBP. It says you can keep it on even when you are using the computer, which comes in handy as you don't need to remove the sleeve before use.

That looks _very_ neat. Has anyone on here used it before?

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
I'm not sure if you've ordered your sleeve yet, but if you haven't, I'd recommend checking out the Booq Vyper M2. Booq makes some of the best quality products I've seen, and I've trusted their products for a few years now. These sleeves fit perfectly, with no excess space. I'd highly recommend these.

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
T-Stex said:
I'm not sure if you've ordered your sleeve yet, but if you haven't, I'd recommend checking out the Booq Vyper M2. Booq makes some of the best quality products I've seen, and I've trusted their products for a few years now. These sleeves fit perfectly, with no excess space. I'd highly recommend these.

Thanks for the information. Quick question. Could you measure the length and width end-to-end of the case when the MBP is in it? I'd like to verify if it will fit in my new briefcase.

T-Stex

macrumors 6502
Jan 15, 2006
Pennsylvania
darrengreer said:
Thanks for the information. Quick question. Could you measure the length and width end-to-end of the case when the MBP is in it? I'd like to verify if it will fit in my new briefcase.

From the Booq website:

Vyper M2
Fits: 15-inch MacBook Pro
Laptop Compartment: 14.1"x9.6"x1" (358x244x25mm)
Exterior Dimensions: 14.5"x10.1"x1.5" (368x257x38mm)

Hope this helps.

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
T-Stex said:
Vyper M2
Fits: 15-inch MacBook Pro
Laptop Compartment: 14.1"x9.6"x1" (358x244x25mm)
Exterior Dimensions: 14.5"x10.1"x1.5" (368x257x38mm)

Thanks! I should have looked to see if they listed it there myself.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
OT, can I ask which Coach briefcase you got? I've been shopping for a new briefcase... I think my fit issues will be easier (iBook 12" with a Tucano sleeve), but I'm definitely interested in good looking options for the briefcase itself.

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
mkrishnan said:
OT, can I ask which Coach briefcase you got? I've been shopping for a new briefcase... I think my fit issues will be easier (iBook 12" with a Tucano sleeve), but I'm definitely interested in good looking options for the briefcase itself.

It's the "Conner" line. I think the one I found on E-bay is about 1-2 years old, but I went to the Coach store here and they also believe it is the Conner model. I really like it, as it is not too big and forces me to "slim" down what I carry.

http://www.coach.com/content/product.aspx?product_no=4655&category_id=74

Lists at $500. Mine looks just like that, but is a dark brown leather, which tells me it is probably at least 2 years old.

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Ahhh, okay, thank you! Hope it all works out. It's cute, although I'm looking for something more minimalistic... I've really been wanting to go back to briefcases recently though. :)

darrengreer

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 11, 2006
mkrishnan said:
Ahhh, okay, thank you! Hope it all works out. It's cute, although I'm looking for something more minimalistic... I've really been wanting to go back to briefcases recently though. :)

I've got an all aluminum one if you want it :) Looks like you are carrying a stash of cash ;)

suwandy

macrumors regular
Sep 15, 2006
yg17 said:
My STM sleeve for my PowerBook fits my Powerbook like a glove....the only time there's open air inside there is when my PowerBook is on vacation in Houston getting a major part replaced at the repair depot :rolleyes:
Definitely getting one of the STM for my new MBP :)

ericssonboi

macrumors 6502
Mar 15, 2005
T-Stex said:

I got one.. fits so tight.. i had the Waterfield sleeve before.. but the M2 is definitely tighter compared to it.

smueboy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 30, 2006
Oz

Before stumbling on this thread i was researching sleeves, and came to the conclusion that the Vyper M2 looks the best (second to the Crumpler school hymn), and i am about to order one for my C2D MBP!

review from looprumors.com:
The Python XM[system] with Vyper M2 by booq® soundsfierce, yet is one of the most user-friendly, and best ergonomically designed bags on the market today. The Vyper M2 is the rigid sleeve that hugs a MacBook Pro using a bidirectional zipper. This very sleek transporter has a soft black material on the interior, which does a great job of keeping the MacBook Pro’s finish clean and firmly in place with virtually no wiggle room. Once closed, one can choose to carry this solo with a firm grip on the spine’s rubberized material, ensuring that the Vyper won’t slip, or pack it nicely in the Python XM.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.