Macbook Pro Slot Drive Locked!?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by hobbydobbie, Jul 3, 2008.

1. hobbydobbie macrumors newbie

So I just made the switch to mac from pc like it seems that the rest of america has, but i have a serious problem! When I try to insert a disc into the slot drive it won't go in. I just bought it and have never inserted a disc in before. I've tried the eject button and even restarting while holding down the trackpad button but to no avail. I feel as though I'm going to need to send it in, but wish I didn't need to.

Thanks in advance,

Ian

2. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

Slick name, terrible problem. I've never heard of that before. Take it to Apple and tell us what it was!

3. TheReef macrumors 68000

TheReef

How far are you pushing it in?
    On my old G4 PowerBook, I would need to push the disk in almost all the way into the case before the computer would suck it in, don't know how it is on the new MacBooks though.

4. hobbydobbie thread starter macrumors newbie

It goes in about 1/8th an inch in and then I can't insert it anymore without risking breaking the disc. Its like a disc is already in the drive.

5. techound1 macrumors 68000

techound1

Might be a bent opening on the drive itself (which sits inside of the fuzzy slot).

Or, you've procured a magical test disc. I'm assuming nothing gives the spinning-up-drive sound when you boot?

6. Tallest Skil macrumors P6

Tallest Skil

If that's the case, get that thing out intact at ALL COSTS. Those things are the Ark of the Macovenant.

7. hobbydobbie thread starter macrumors newbie

Magical test disc? Can you explain? No sounds are made when I boot up only when I try to eject.

Ian