Macbook Pro slow after upgraded to OS X Lion

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by itechie, Nov 17, 2011.

1. itechie, Nov 17, 2011
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2011

itechie macrumors newbie

:confused:My Macbook Pro seems to be extremely slow after i upgraded to OSX lion. The things that have been messing up is the Preview App, it takes very long to open up when I click on a Picture even if the app is already running. Also when I play flash videos even if the video is already loaded the video will lag while playing & lets say I open 3 tabs and each one has a video playing the computer will overhead and will reach about 4500 RMP, non-theless anything related to flash my mac will get very slow. I do understand that it requirers more power to run flash but not up the point where I will need to close down all the apps and have only the browser running.

So Far...
    I have verified the disk permissions to see if i find any issues & there are none. When it comes to overheating I did a Reset on the SMC & nothing.

Also I would like to mention that the I currently have installed Mac OS X 10.7 Golden Master.

My Macbook Pro specs are
    2.26 GHz intel core 2 duo
    2 GB Ram 1067 MHz DDR3

I am a Noob here so please take it easy on me guys =/ thanks !

2. simsaladimbamba

Upgrade to at least 4 GB RAM.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

3. zaxdude macrumors regular

Yes -- DEFINITELY upgrade the RAM. 2GB is simply not enough.

In addition, I've seen other threads referring to slowness after upgrading to Lion. Many have indicated that doing a "clean" install rather than simply an upgrade is preferable as the upgrade can cause slowness.

I'd suggest that you also search on the topic to see if any experiences are similar to yours.

4. deafgoose macrumors regular

deafgoose

From experience, Lion runs fine on 4GB but perfect on 8GB of ram.

Get two 4GB sticks and give it a try.

5. itechie thread starter macrumors newbie

hey guys thanks for the fast reply take a look at the following image is that Temperature normal & the RPM? im currently using the google chrome at the moment.[​IMG]

ALSO WHERE CAN I FIND GOOD DEALS FOR MEMORY UPGRADES?

AND ONCE AGAIN THANK YOU FOR THE ADVICE I DO A CLEAN INSTALL SOON.

6. simsaladimbamba

The temp is okay, thus the fan speed, though Activity Monitor can help you determine what is causing the higher temperature.

image below uses sorting by CPU as an example
    [​IMG]
    Further reading:
    ______________________________________________________​

Newegg and Amazon and lots of other retailers. 8GB should cost around 50 USD.

7. zaxdude macrumors regular

You can find it by searching!!! There are tons of threads regarding memory in this forum - many of which contain what to buy and where to buy it. (one thread is even provided by simsaladimbamba directly below your OP.

8. itechie thread starter macrumors newbie

Thank You all. You guys have been very helpful, I appreciate your time .:)