Macbook Pro Smart Keyboard

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by ajohnson253, Mar 6, 2009.

1. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

You know how on our iPhones we can type a word and it will correct the word for us if its spelled wrong?
    Would that be possible to have that on our keyboards on our macbook pro's? Do you thin that will end up being a feature on any future mac models?

2. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

Thats in Snow Leopard.

3. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

I hope not. New generations to come will have absolutely NO knowledge regarding proper spelling. Even now I can't stand to see my own typos let alone others, and let's not even talk about typists that don't capitalize or punctuate AT ALL!

Sometimes we have to correct our own mistakes....

4. Hack On Wheels macrumors newbie

I guess that answers your question... but I'm curious, why would you want that?

It can be handy on my Touch, but even then I find it is wrong just as much as it is right... on a laptop, there shouldn't be the same issue of hitting the wrong key, at least not to the same extent. Run a spellchecker and type half decently and then you don't have to worry about the computer inputting the wrong thing without you noticing. Granted, its just my opinion, but I don't understand that use for it when you have a more or less full-sized keyboard.

5. Hack On Wheels macrumors newbie

Hehe, what were you saying? ;)

It's terrible, but I have to fight the impulse to go through your post and edit it now; you shouldn't have mentioned grammar and punctuation! :p

6. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Careful now.

I never mentioned grammar. ;)

And I NEVER said PROPER..... ;)

7. Hack On Wheels macrumors newbie

Indeed, that was a definite reading comprehension failure on my part! I guess seeing words like "punctuate" made me a bit overexcited. :D

8. iJesus macrumors 6502a

iJesus

I use auto-correction all the time in Pages...

Attached Files:

9. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Irony.jpg :p

10. Nikos macrumors 68000

Nikos

Damnit, the grammar police beat me to it. Carry on. :D

11. Digital Skunk macrumors 604

Digital Skunk

Don't worry, I KNOW I will have typos while I am typing about others' mistakes, but at least I try. :)

Hey know..... we all have our flaws. I was a communications major where speech had to be impeccable , and your WoW video breaks all the rules. :D

12. Patriks7 macrumors 65816

Patriks7

I love how a post on an auto-correction feature in the iPhone turned into a grammar Nazi post :p
    Anyway, like that guy above said, this thing is totally useless. If you need a feature on such a big keyboard, with which you make as many mistakes as on a 3.5" screen, then you really shouldn't be using a computer.

13. crazyrog17 macrumors regular

Notebook keyboards should be much easier to type on than the iPhone's. It might be hard for someone to hit two keys at once on a notebook, but that's the reason the iPhone intelligently decides if you meant to hit aqwedcxz or s.

Not to mention, if you're looking at the screen, you can see that Leopard currently checks your spelling as you type. Touch typing is a great skill to have and will be essential soon if it isn't already.

14. ajohnson253 thread starter macrumors 68000

ajohnson253

true