Macbook pro software update failure...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rfanch3r, May 28, 2008.

1. rfanch3r macrumors newbie

I have a macbook pro that failed the software updates on, it kept stalling at configuring installation, after about 40 mins at less then a sliver of a blue bar I reset it.

This originally found 6 updates, after I reset it it found 4 and it did the same thing, after 30 mins of looking at the sliver bar I reset it and downloaded the 500+meg update that installed fine but I am worried that not only did it not install what it should have but that it will fail on all future installs.

Is there a way of resetting the software update so I can restart the installs or at least know the location of where the software update downloads the updates so I can run them manually?

2. alphaod macrumors Core

alphaod

Go to About This Mac, and click on the 10.5.3 and it should show your build number. If it's 9D34, your golden.

3. rfanch3r thread starter macrumors newbie

Well its not the main update that failed its the initial updates that failed prior to me doing it manual.

When I first started it found 6 updates but then failed at the reboot screen when it looked like it locked up, I forced a reset, ran the update again and it found 4 different updates, this failed as well and I had to force a reboot, after then it started to give me an error message that the file wasnt found.

My concern is those older updates not being properly updated. I am looking for some solution to reset the catalog and or rerun the updates that was downloaded because as of right now I cant tell what needs to be updated if any of them failed.

I cant imagine it would have properly updated if I had to force a reboot each time.

4. MattZani macrumors 68030

MattZani

I would imagine the 10.5.3 update downloaded all the ones you did not have installed.

It would explain the varying file size for everyone