Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ghazal_slmi

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Feb 26, 2018
I have a MacBook Pro early 2015. This happened yesterday when I connected the charger and since then it has happened a few times again but sometimes it just works fine. The issue is that when I connect the charger to my laptop the charge indicator shows the lightning sign (on a full battery icon, not empty) but info says not charging and the red/orange light on the charger starts to slowly fade out and eventually turn off or sometimes when I connect the charger it doesn't turn on at all. I have to disconnect the charger and connect it again a few times and then it works. And sometimes when I connect it just works fine from the start and the red light is bright and fine! I have done an SMC reset but still the same.

PS. This is my second charger that I've been using since two years ago but didn't have any problem until yesterday. My first charger had the same issue but the light wouldn't even change to red and was stuck in green slowly fading out and my macbook wouldn't charge. I had to change it eventually.

PPS. I'm recently playing this game on my browser and whenever I enter the site my fan gets really loud and battery percent reduces significantly faster. I don't know if this has anything to do with my issue.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.