Macbook Pro Sorrow (continued)

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by r.kirkerrr, Apr 26, 2009.

1. r.kirkerrr macrumors member

A couple of weeks ago, i made a thread on my problems with my macbook pro, and how ridiculously expensive it would be to repair (£767).

Well, i was out yesterday, and apparently, when i was gone, my apple store rang me and told me that the parts had arrived in store!? I need to ring apple later today, but how could this happen? i didnt even order the parts? the guy gave me a quote and said think about it, but it might be a better idea to go through your insurance company. but nothing was set in stone.

as i said, i didn't order the parts, so how could this have happened? do you think apple decided to just fix it? thats the only explanation i can give. which in itself is very unlikely!

What do i say to the apple guy if he tries to tell me i did order them?

2. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

If you didn't sign your authorization agreement to hand over your macbook and agree that you would pay them money, then you do not have to do anything. It might be worth a giving them a ring as they might be doing it FOC.

3. r.kirkerrr thread starter macrumors member

FOC? enlighten me please

i don't really want it fixed, as my insurance company could possibly have got me a new macbook, but if thats the case, if apple do decide to fix it for free for some reason, ill sell it and get a macbook. no problemo.

apple really confuse me at times. after spending hours upon end waiting at the genius bar for my iphones/mac, every single genius has different rules/policys.

4. stridemat Moderator

stridemat

Staff Member

FOC = Free of Charge.
    Sorry, I spend to much time at my computer, I forget other people may not understand.

5. J&JPolangin macrumors 68030

...FOC = free of charge... good luck.

6. r.kirkerrr thread starter macrumors member

damit, i just rang and then realised that they are closed on a sunday. :(. why don't they have direct lines to the shop in belfast?