Macbook pro SOS Help

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by Perfectcloud, Sep 4, 2011.

1. Perfectcloud macrumors newbie

Hi!i have a macbook pro and i decided to change the ram.i opened it and i changed it with no problem...but after that i tried to power on my mac and it doesn't turn on at all....!!i changed the ram again with the original and the problem is still there..when i put the charger on my mac it flashes all the time with green light and the battery button at the left side doesn't show anything like it doesn't work.. I tried to reset the mac book pro power manager and to reset the parameter ram but nothing happens... Does anyone know what to do?

2. englishman macrumors 6502a

englishman

I would open it up again and take out and reseat the RAM if you haven't tried this, sometimes we forget the obvious. Don't panic.

3. Perfectcloud thread starter macrumors newbie

I tried that many times...i tried puting back the original again and the new one but it doesn't work at all... :confused:

4. englishman macrumors 6502a

englishman

Ok. Is it definitely the correct memory? Is the mac under warranty so could you take it to a genius bar/call Apple support?

Try putting back the original memory. [Sorry re-read your post] See above suggestions

Is it plugged into mains rather than battery?

Try taking the battery out and running from mains.

5. Perfectcloud thread starter macrumors newbie

Yeah it is definetely the correct memory..and i have the charger on but the charger is flashing with green light and it doesn't power on..the light in the charger isn't stable like it is supposed to be..it is on warranty but i'm working with it and i need to find a solution quickly because if i take it to an apple support shop here in greece i don't know when i will take it back.. :eek:

6. englishman macrumors 6502a

englishman

Have you done an SMC reset?

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3964

Also do post on the official Apple support forums and if in warranty time use Apple telephone support.

7. Perfectcloud thread starter macrumors newbie

8. englishman macrumors 6502a

englishman

Sorry I've run out of ideas seems like you've tried the obvious - do post for help on the Apple forums a good source of help.

Good luck.

9. accessoriesguy macrumors 6502a

did you put disconnect the battery during the install and then remember to reconnect the battery? you can always try to turn the computer on while having it connected to the power.

Did you follow all antistatic procedures? remove battery, anti-static wristband, demagnetized your tools?

If not, that may have been your problem.

The only other thing i can think of is to check if there is nothing that may have disconnected or in the way of the power button working correctly.