MacBook Pro sound control problems...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by MFcappu, Oct 24, 2011.

1. MFcappu macrumors newbie

Hi there guys.
    I recently made this account because I have a sound control problem with my mac.
    He's never done this before and it's pretty annoying.

The problem is that I DO have sound, but I cannot control the sound with my keyboard, nor with the sound control bar at the top right anymore.
    I have to control the sound by using system preferences or with a sound control bar on iTunes/Youtube ect ect.

How can I fix this? I just want to be able to control the sound with my keyboard.
    It does respond when I hit the button, but the sound does not got higher or lower at all. :confused:

2. snaky69 macrumors 603

What is plugged into the audio jack?

3. MFcappu thread starter macrumors newbie

Headphones. When I plug those in I can control the music normally with my keyboard. Just when I take it out it acts like that.
    ( If this is not what you meant by audio jack then I apologize, I have yet to learn those terms in English since it's not my first language. )

4. snaky69 macrumors 603

My gut feeling is telling me that your computer things something like an optical output is left connected in the audio jack, is there a red light shining in it when you take out your headphones?

5. MFcappu thread starter macrumors newbie

I'm afraid not. no light.

----------

I have class right now. So I will reply later to the posts. I hope It'll get solved ; u ;