Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hiwatt

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 15, 2008
I got my new 2.5ghz MacBook Pro about 1 week ago. Up until last night I was happy and everything was going well until I noticed speaker distortion on the right speaker whenthe main vol is above 3/4 of the way up.

This never happens on the left speaker even when I go into the audio controls and hard pan the sound left but then panning right it's definitely there.

Now this gets stranger... I fired the thing up this morning and there was no distortion. This afternoon it has returned! I have a feeling this is happening once the metal chassis has expanded after the computer has heated up a bit.

I discovered it seems to be worse with certain videos on youtube and things that are not highly produced rather than commercially produced albums. Been playing Velvet Revolver on it and it's not rasping at all even on full vol but on youtube whenever someone talks with a deep voice or some plays some guitar chords it farts making thinks it's a problem with the midrange. :( Can the video plugin for you tube also be contributing by being louder than everything else causing clipping??

Does anyone else have this problem? If so have you returned your computer for repair or anything?

Cheers

VanMac

macrumors 6502a
May 26, 2005
Rampaging Tokyo
Hey.

I have a MBP, and have not noticed this issue. I typically plug in external speakers though, as most laptop speakers are sketchy.

If you have some, try plugging in some externals to narrow down if it is speaker, or other integrated audio components.

Either way, if you can reproduce the issue and are unhappy with it, you should bring it in to get it fixed.

Regards,

arc80570

macrumors newbie
Feb 6, 2009
I have got the 2.53 unibody and i have got the same problems, a couple of my friends have one and they don't have the problem.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.