Macbook Pro speaker issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by vitaminz, Apr 15, 2010.

1. vitaminz macrumors member

Hi, I have a 13 inch Macbook Pro which I bought in January this year - I have a strange issue where occasionally, when watching YouTube videos, the sound will suddenly 'pop' and no sound will work at all until I restart. Also, when the sound pops, changing the volume up and down will also make a popping noise for some reason.

Anyone else experienced this?

Thanks

2. GeorgeCWB macrumors member

Wow, madness. I feel bad for you, MBP's have guarantee's right? Sounds like a hardware complication.

Although I am in no way an educated technician so take it with a pinch of salt.

Did you spill beer on it? Go On.... Admit it, things got a bit out of hand? You go to crunch beers with your mate and it goes everywhere? ;)

3. vitaminz thread starter macrumors member

Thanks for your reply,

It's a bit strange - it never ever happens when listening to music in something like iTunes, or watching video in VLC/QuickTime - it's only when watching videos on the Internet, whether they're Flash videos or HTML5 videos.

Lol, no liquid damage - putting my beers anyway near this thing would probably give me a heart attack :p

4. TheAnoyingApple macrumors member

5. Surely Guest

Surely

^^^^ you're describing a different issue than the OP's. The description on that website describes an entirely different problem altogether.

This speaker popping has happened to me a couple of times as well.

It has only happened when I tried to watch a YouTube video. Wheni press play for the first time, the popping begins. When I mess with the volume up and down keys, a pop happens with each press.

I have "fixed" it by inserting my headphones and unplugging them. Then it works just fine.

This doesn't happen every time I watch a YouTube video, but it has only happened with YouTube.

Anyone else?

6. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

7. Surely Guest

Surely

I can call Apple and ask them to fix their products that I've bought?!?!? No way! Now why didn't we think of that before?

That's a new, fresh idea, and I thank you for your invaluable post.

8. dsprimal macrumors 6502a

dsprimal

lol. internet trash talking. fact of the matter is, he has a speaker issue so i don't even see a reason to start a thread in the first place. secondly, i've loved this forum for a long time and your the 1st person to disgust me with sucha off topic reply to bash someone. +1 buddy.

9. Surely Guest

Surely

The reason to start a thread and to contribute to a thread is because this is a forum. That's what we do around here.

I think that the "solution" that you offered is an obvious one, especially since the OP is from April 15. Your post doesn't contribute to the discussion.

I posted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

That's the point.

And thanks for the +1, I'll add it to the pile.