Macbook Pro SSD vs Intel X25-M

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by rabka, May 3, 2010.

1. rabka macrumors newbie

Hello All,

1st time poster here, been reading various posts on this board for the last 6 months, re. SSD drives.

However, one question I don't remember being answered is as follows......

In terms of launching applications, booting up, shutting down, will I see any noticeable difference in opting for the Apple SSD as against the Intel X25-M?

I intend to pull the trigger tonight and purchase the 13" 2.4 Macbook Pro, so any replies would be greatly appreciated.

Regards :)

2. chopper dave macrumors regular

In benchmarks, the Intel is still better with small random read/write, but the Apple drive wins with sequential or large read/writes. Both are pretty good at not degrading more than 15% over time. I doubt anyone could tell much difference in basic notebook productivity tasks. Personally, I got the x25 160GB but it was before I knew that Apple had upgraded their SSDs in the new models, so in hindsight I would have rather had the cheaper Apple drive, the warranty it comes with, and $170 to spend towards more RAM. I still love the x25 though so I'm not really that sad.

3. insular macrumors newbie

which brand is the SSD in the new 2010 macbook pro unibodies? anyone actually know?

4. grahamnp macrumors 6502a

5. chopper dave macrumors regular

Toshiba HG2, only available to OEMs and apparently a relatively recent design.

6. Black.Infinity macrumors 6502

Black.Infinity

???????????// what kind of ssd we need 1.8 orr 2.5 for mac book pro