Macbook Pro Stain Issue

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by chino101, Sep 6, 2016.

1. chino101 macrumors newbie

chino101

Hi everyone.

I was just curious as I had an issue with the stain coating wearing off on my old Late 2013 (I think that's correct), RMbP.

Anyway, I had that one replaced by Apple due to a major fault, and was just cleaning my mid 2015 RMbP when I noticed the beginning of what looked to be the coating coming off again.

Now I have followed the tips Apple gave me regarding cleaning the screen properly etc with just water and an approved cloth etc.

My question is, have Apple actually ever bothered to fix the underlying issue or will it keep cropping up in all RMbP's until they miraculously change the screen type/coating? If the former then I think that that is poor on Apple's part.

Cheers

Callum

2. Alexrat1996 Suspended

Take it to Apple asp they can help you does the machine have Apple care

3. LostAggie macrumors 6502

4. Samuelsan2001 macrumors 603

It's not a general issue its an issue that effects a very small number of machines and seems to be down to a problem in the application process a replaced screen is very unlikely to go again.

5. border terrier macrumors regular

How do you know this? A very large number of people have been affected.

6. chino101 thread starter macrumors newbie

chino101

Thanks for your replies.

I spoke to Apple today and apparently the 3 year guarantee in the US, also is occurring here in Australia. I am able to get my screen replaced therefore, and will do that later on.

I don't have Applecare but our consumer protections are quite robust and I am still presently within the 12 month Apple guarantee.

Regarding the issue itself, I find it hard to believe it's an isolated issue considering that I've had it occur twice within a year of purchasing each Macbook, and I can think of a few friends who have had the same issue however have just lived with it.

It's a shame really, and certainly from an aesthetic point of view, tarnishes the range in a similar way to the 2011 Macbook Pro GPU issues as it's an ongoing replacement process for the life of the device.

7. Bending Pixels macrumors 65816

I had the same issue with my late 2013 rMBP. Apple replaced the screen - for free.

8. jerryk macrumors 68020

Apple has been pretty good about replacing these unit. I think there are certain usage cases that cause this occur for some people and not others. Some have suggested that it occurs more in areas of high humidity and warm weather.
    I try to not clean my screen much and so far have not had an issue.