Macbook Pro stalling problem

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by jay1118, Jan 5, 2010.

1. jay1118 macrumors member

jay1118

So my Macbook pro started to stall for 10 seconds or so every few minutes beginning yesterday. Like I am just surfing the net, and it freezes completely for 10 seconds, than everything is back to normal. I don't know what to do to remedy the problem.

I have Applecare so I could send it in, but wondering first if anyone has had this problem and knows a quick fix before I send it in.

2. stuy119 macrumors newbie

I'm having the same problem and came here to get an answer. The problem started up the past week or so, and was never there before.

And I'm not running any programs that I wasn't before.

3. nigameash macrumors 6502

this has been happening to me for such a long time and i have no idea on how to fix it. i have just given up on this problem as none of the solutions mentioned online help. i will do a full system erase and install soon to see if it helps.

4. miles01110 macrumors Core

miles01110

Have you installed all the latest software updates? I used to have this problem and a firmware update solved it.

5. melchior macrumors 65816

melchior

your sig says you have a 500gb harddrive. did you install this yourself? is it a drive that has shock protection? if so, this is incompatible with the MBP sudden motion sensor. you can disable it by typing in terminal
    Code:
    sudo pmset -a sms 0

6. stuy119 macrumors newbie