Macbook pro stand question

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by B1RDFLU, Jun 15, 2007.

1. B1RDFLU macrumors newbie

Hello Everyone,

I was wondering if any of you have seen a stand for the macbook pros like the ones for the playstation 2 where it puts it up vertically.

If not i thing somebody should make one as a desktop space saver and it would be just as good as the ones for the PS2 and look cool to

2. eyebeaz macrumors 6502

That would be cool, however relatively unpractical for those who want to use dual screens.

3. B1RDFLU thread starter macrumors newbie

thats the only reason i wouldnt want to get it but some times it would be nice just to stick it on a stand like that

4. nutman macrumors regular

it would be nice to just disable the main screen, take it off, and shelve the macbook pro. then you can have a super thin mini, thats properly powered.

5. dan1013 macrumors newbie

6. showtime macrumors 6502

7. aaronw1986 macrumors 68030

Oh the horror of destroying a MBP

8. showtime macrumors 6502

although that would be pretty cool if you can do it. Come to think of it wouldn't be possible? If you have a mbp with a broken screen can't you just hook it up to an external lcd? Then you'd just have to carefully remove the lcd from the mbp. Hmm...

9. showtime macrumors 6502

Is there any harm in letting your macbook stand up like that with it powered on all the time?

10. filman408 macrumors regular

With this stand, the vents are blocked when the Macbook is in the pictured position :)apple: up).
    Also, operating the laptop in the closed position could be harmful for the lcd in the long term - with all that heat that it is not usually by. The Macbook also draws in cool air from the keyboard, so this method would also suffocate it in a way.

11. laovel macrumors newbie

well, whatever you do..don't buy this POS

http://macsonly.com/macimp/kamasMB.html

Maybe it works for the 13', but the 15' hangs off the back and as the pro has a lead backside, the nose tilts up and it trys to slide off the front if you put it at any angle. Plus its not tall enough by itself, so I had to place it on a stand..sheesh.