Macbook Pro Stand/Riser help

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mrmeister, Aug 8, 2013.

1. mrmeister macrumors regular

Hi guys,
    I was wondering if anyone knows of a stand/riser that will allow the Macbook Pro to be opened fully (~136º - shown in the image)

[​IMG]

I would like this stand to physically RAISE the macbook off the desk though, not just angle it from a pivotal point on the desk.

So, NOT like the Cooler Master Jas Pro, but more like the Rain Design mStand whilst allowing for a larger opening angle.

2. yliu macrumors regular

Maybe the 'Fellowes Professional Series Laptop Workstation' does that. But i'm not sure though. CAn't find anything on the angles.

May I ask you why is it so important to fully open the screen?

3. Tarrou8 macrumors member

mStand from Rain is my personal favorite. Great way to transform your laptop into a virtual desktop that sits at eye level.

4. mrmeister thread starter macrumors regular

I've noticed that when i'm using it on my bed, with my knees bent (so, opened at 136º to see the screen properly), when using intensive applications like Skype, the fans are not as loud, or haven't moved above 2000rpm at all. I think this is just simple science - heat rises. If the macbook is almost vertical it's easier for the hot air to get out, if it's laid flat on a desk (as per usual) then the hot air will become trapped and remain in the body of the macbook for longer.

5. mrmeister thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, i guess now i'm just being annoyingly 'Apple picky'. I don't like it, but i don't like the look of those staples stands either... Thanks though!