Macbook Pro Stand?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Surfing@Blacks, Jun 13, 2011.

1. Surfing@Blacks macrumors regular

Any advice on macbook pro stands for 2011. I was thinking of recently getting the arc stand.

2. Surfing@Blacks thread starter macrumors regular

When you get it.. tell me how it is with the 15 inch MBP, I was looking at this.. great price for it.

Surely... it looks great if I had a case, but my MBP is naked.

3. Surely Guest

Surely

As I said, that isn't my photo. My MBP is naked as well. I just used a couple of well-placed felt stickers to keep it from being scratched.

4. Surfing@Blacks thread starter macrumors regular

I will go to ikea and check it out. Can't pass up that price if it works well haha

5. Matthew9559 macrumors 6502a

Matthew9559

This is the one I got.

http://www.amazon.com/Twelve-South-...1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1308023982&sr=8-1

It's expensive at $40 (I used a gift card so was only 20) but it has inserts for every Mac laptop and the diff. sizes. It's a great one stand for all solution. I plan on upgrading my laptop soon so the peace of mind that I will not need a new stand and that it fits snuggly with all models was well worth it.

EDIT: That's not the exact one, was same price but fits all Mac laptops (MacBook/MBP/MBA) with inserts for all and diff. sizes. Same company though and looks the same.

6. Surely Guest

Surely

It works perfectly.

If you don't like it.....napkin holder!

7. Virgo macrumors 6502

Virgo

I love the mStand, looks like it was made for the pro.

8. littleasian macrumors member

the best stand out there is the mstand (http://www.raindesigninc.com/mstand.html)

its carved out of a giant sheet of metal just like the macbook pro itself. however its not cheap, be prepared to pay 50+ (but its well worth it)

9. Merkyworks macrumors 6502

this is the stand I have been wanting to get as well!!

10. EEXOOO macrumors regular

I vouch for the mStand, excellent angle and looks like it's specially made for the Mac laptops. Well worth the price!

11. dagamer34 macrumors 65816

dagamer34

Idavoid any stands that require your Mac to be closed as there may be some difficulties waking it, as the Mac sometimes has troubles activating just the external monitor.

Also, especially if you are using a 15" or 17" MacBook Pro, the keyboard is used to vent some of the heat, and your laptop will run warmer than with it open. Since it runs warmer, the fans will be louder. Just a note.

I personally use the Griffin Elevator stand. I like it because it's compact, easy to transport, and reasonably cheap.

12. Surfing@Blacks thread starter macrumors regular

I heard otherwise, I heard the macbook pro gets warmer due to having to run 2 screens at once, uses a lot of its gfx card.

Any thoughts on this. I really like the ArcBook style. On the other hand, having a stand which I can use the screen open as well is nice. awwww decisions decisions.