Macbook Pro Standard - Suitable for my needs?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by welling111, Jul 12, 2015.

1. welling111 macrumors newbie

I'm about to buy the standard 15-inch Retina MacBook Pro with the 2.2 GHz Core i7 & 256 GB.

Typically I use photoshop, illustrator, indd, and jump between programs (sometimes Flash). I doubt I'd ever do much heavy video editing on it.

Should this model be enough to get me by? Or should I customize it more so to insure that it will be running well for a few years? I recently spoke to someone at tekserve who suggested I increase the GHz and even the GB. (of course they were likely trying to get more $$)

I have no issues archiving old files, etc.

Any thoughts????

Thanks in advance!

2. firedept macrumors 603

firedept

Should work absolutely fine for you. I do a lot of what you are doing at times on a 2010 2.4 GHz, C2D, 13" MBP, 256 SSD. Mind you it can be a bit slow, but none the less it gets the job done. I am using CS6. I also have an iMac late 2012 3.4 i7 1TB Fusion that just chews it up. I store all my files externally so as to not bog my machines down. A good 3.0 USB or Thunderbolt external will do the job externally. Does not have to be right away, possibly down the road.

But that rMBP should breeze through it. If you have the money my suggestion would be to up the RAM for future proofing. It will last you for at least a few years (3-4).

3. anthorumor macrumors 6502a

It's fine.
    The only real component to upgrade from is the GPU, but that's more for gaming or video rendering.

4. welling111 thread starter macrumors newbie