Macbook Pro start up issue,

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by zali0n, Aug 6, 2009.

1. zali0n macrumors regular

Has anyone every come accross this before. I have a Core Due 1.83ghz Macbook Pro. It has been starting up fine with out any issues nor have I installed any thing extra nor updated it. It is currently running the latest update,

The laptop will not boot past the blue screen during start up. I have tried to boot both from the internal hard disk and the OS X Leopard DVD but still no joy. Perhaps 1 out of 10 it will boot and make it to the login window however the mouse cursor is all screwed and within a few seconds it then proceeds to crash. I'm wondering if it is over heating due to the hot weather at the moment.

I've attached a pic of the mouse cursor in the rare case it does boot to the display, I'm also about to clean out the fans as we speak.

Any ideas would be good, I've tried the repair disk permissions, fsck -fy, etc

Attached Files:

2. moglee macrumors newbie

3. zali0n thread starter macrumors regular

Hey thanks for your reply. I've managed to log in but seems like he fans are going crazy. It's currently running at 88 degrees and the fans rpm are 4500-5000! I'm not sure if this is normal 88 does seem a little high. I've checked the fans and they are not dusty nor clogged up. The dodgy mouse pointer icon makes me wonder if it is a GPU isse. I'll try the
    hardware test shorty!