Macbook Pro starting at 999$

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by serafnazimi, Jun 11, 2011.

1. serafnazimi macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

Does anyone else sees Macbook being aborted and Macbook Pro 13" starting at 999$ any time soon or at all ??

With possible Air rebranding to just Macbook..??

I really love plastic model design and would buy one in a second, but specs are really a deal breaker at the moment.. I hope Apple decides soon what they wanna do with it, because I don't think current limbo is good for anyone, specially consumers..

Also, a Pro starting at 999 would be nice, specially for some of us who live in europe where Apple prices are really jaked up..

As for cutting into Air sales with this new price, I don't think there would be one, because these two notebooks are of different worls.. That said, 13" Macbook Pro Slim (read no ethernet and dvd port) would be a dream come true for me

2. palpatine macrumors 68040

i don't think "aborted" is the verb you are looking for here. discontinued? abandoned?

i am afraid i didn't buy into any part of that flight of fancy :)

price points will likely remain the same for the ultramobiles, computers for everyone, and professional offerings. each line has a distinct identity, and all they really need are refreshes.

3. MacsOnAnabolics macrumors regular

MacsOnAnabolics

Um....I really don't see that happening. Might wanna try refurb store for that price.

4. DustinT macrumors 68000

DustinT

Just buy from Microcenter. The 13" is 999 there all day long.

5. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

probably not. the mbp sells well at its current starting point and the regular mb still sells and it provides variety to have both and can appeal to some being that it is a "consumer" model.

6. serafnazimi thread starter macrumors newbie

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_2_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8C148 Safari/6533.18.5)

I would live to, if there was one in Europe, but I don't think it is, cheapest place to buy Apple stuff in Europe is Switzerland from what I understood..

I'll Google this Microcenter, maybe I'll ask someone coming from the States to pick one up for me

7. gpat macrumors 6502a

It looks like a viable move, but I think a lot of people still want the white one.

8. randomrazr macrumors 65816

it prob will receive a spec bump but the macbook does sell very well as its an affordble macbook that is nciely built, especially considering its plastic