Macbook Pro Startup Issues

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Techguy98, Aug 18, 2015.

1. Techguy98 macrumors newbie

Techguy98

Hello all,

I've got a Macbook Pro running yosemite 10.10.5 that is having troubles starting up. The WiFi quit this afternoon, and it refused to reconnect to my network. Next, I tried restarting it. It seemed to boot fine until the loading bar got 50% done. After that it refused to start up any further. The hard drive was recently replaced, so it shouldn't be the drive that is the issue. I started up in recovery HD and repaired the drive's permissions successfully. I then rebooted again, and it booted fine. No issues, and no issues since. I have never had any troubles up until now. Could this new issue be caused by a failing hard drive cable?

2. chabig macrumors 601

I'm not saying it's the hard drive, but your reasoning is wrong. Often, the problem "is" the thing that was just replaced. New hardware is subject to infant mortality. The cable usually either works or it doesn't. Cables don't fail gradually, so I don't think your cable is to blame. The last thing you said was that it booted fine, so my guess is you're good to go.