Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Alex3231

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
West Hartford, CT
When I turn my MacBook Pro on it shows the grey :apple: apple logo and the spinner, and then goes to a blue screen. The manual that came with the computer told me to do a disk utility from the OS DVD, restart and press the powerbutton with out the battery and a bunch of other things. It then said to backup and reformat, so i was able to backup using Safebook and then i reformated and the same problem occured. I called AppleCare and he walked me through the steps that i had done earlier and said that i had to take it to the apple store....but why did this happen. Does anyone have a clue before i go out of my way to go to the apple store

Gokhan

macrumors 6502a
Oct 7, 2003
London
k

try disk warrior ??? if not format the drive with disk utlity using the zero option and reinstall

hope this helps

Alex3231

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 12, 2007
West Hartford, CT
Hmmm...The version I had of the program wasn't a recent one, but i took it to the store and it was a logic board problem i believe....which was what i told the "genius" what i thought it might of been. Be seemed to doubt me :D

Thanks anways!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.