MacBook Pro Startup Times

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mweiss, Jan 12, 2009.

1. mweiss macrumors newbie

I will getting my first mac in a few days depending on delivery times - hence my knowledge of its operation is limited and the following comes to mind.

I do a lot of downloading of research on the internet. When I find an article that discusses something in my area, I will download it to a main subdirectory ("downloaded research") and then into a subdirectory that applies to that particular topic ("policy drafting issues").

On my PCs, I would always create the main subdirectory on the c: drive and not in My Documents as it was my understanding that Windows actually "looked through" this directory when the computer was booting up, which over time contributed to slow boot up times. Does the MacBook operate the same way? If so, where should I start this "downloaded research" directory? Currently, my laptop has almost a gig of data stored there.

Any thoughts? Thanks.

2. sesnir macrumors 6502

I've never heard of that before (windows booting slower with more stuff in my documents) and I haven't experienced that either... and I store a lot in my documents.

Of course Mac OS X doesn't do that either.