macbook pro stock online question

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by mayakukla, Jun 15, 2012.

1. mayakukla macrumors regular

My local Apple Store told me to check availability on-line the night before, and if they received any I could buy it and pick up the next day as they had been receiving them.

However, when I go to check availability for in-store pickup it now says ineligible. It was working last night but no more. Anyone else able to check store availability online now?

2. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

3. mayakukla thread starter macrumors regular

how? still says ineligible for me?

4. user418 macrumors 6502a

user418

Though I'm not seriously looking to purchase a new Mac at this time after reading for post I went online and attempted to buy a non retina MBP with pick up at my local Apple store. I was presented with the opportunity to select a store, which I did, and the system showed available for pickup. I cancelled the transaction at that point. Not sure what the difference might be. Just stating that it seems to be working on my end. Which Mac are you attempting to purchase? I'll be glad to try to place an order and see what happens.

5. mayakukla thread starter macrumors regular

thx for your help, the retina version for in store pickup instead of calling all the time and check stock lically

6. jonnyr78 macrumors member

Does anyone know if this is a decent alternative to calling the store? My local Apple store takes AGES to answer the phone (probably clogged with enquiries for the RMBP).

So, is it true that one might as well just use the iphone app and keep checking if it's possible to reserve? With an in demand product I expected that it wouldn't be possible to reserve until stock is very high.