Macbook Pro Strange noise

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by pauvrelola, May 16, 2010.

1. pauvrelola macrumors newbie

Hello everybody,

I have a Macbook Pro which I bought in December 2006. It's been working like a charm and still is, but I noticed a weird noise everytime I "wake" it up from its sleep.

It happened yesterday and today again, it's like a strange buzz... Yesterday I simply put it back to sleep and woke it up again and the buzz was gone, today I waited until it was gone by itself... it goes for like 10 seconds.

Do you know what it could be? Any instructions??

Also, maybe its relevant that I recently (1 month ago) updated my ram memory. I had 1 G before, and now I have 4G. In the shop that I went (which was the shop where I got it on the first place), the employee said that this computer is not supposed to have 4 G and only should be updated to 3, but that he did it on other computers as well, and its fine.

I also heard that the only problem with installing too much memory is that one of the memories might stop working or something?

Anyway, Im not sure its a coincidence or this strange buzz might be something bad / related with the memory...

I am very sorry for my sloppy speech, truth is, I understand nothing of computers... :confused:

I hope somebody can enlighten me ! Thanks a lot in advance !!

Cheers :)

2. MacBookDan macrumors member

hmm I think I have this also. The problem is normally a circuit problem (electricity) carrying through the circuit... could someone please tell me where the HDD is in a MacBook (13" white one)? My slight buzz (happens sometimes, but most of the time in Windows) sounds like data being read (interference I used to get through my speakers on old old PC)...

Getting the sound left side near monitor.