MacBook Pro stuck on apple logo spinning wheel help plz!

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
my laptop was on went to sleep mode , asked me to enter my password , entered the password and just froze no way to force quit, I powered it off and restarted and all I get is the grey screen apple logo , wheel spinning I ran disk utility and chose to repair the HD that was completed and it said the disk appears to be ok, I quit disk utility and restarted and still apple logo + spinning wheel I recently upgraded to mountain lion few days ago and that obviously has something to do with it , I owned this laptop for 2 years and this never happened

What am I supposed to do I do have the Snow Leopard CD's but If I do that wont I lose everything that was on my HD? or so and how will I reinstall Mountain Lion again? purchase it again via app store or will it be stored there?

nitromac

macrumors 6502
Jul 29, 2012
US
This happened to me recently. I turned on/shut down the machine a couple of times and it fixed itself. Don't know if that will be the same for you, but doesn't hurt to try. Just wait a bit longer than normal.

Also: remove any USB devices if you have any plugged in. just in case.

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
I've been doing that for the past hour or so , I tried the safeboot turned it off hit shift I see the apple logo / grey screen wheel spinning and some loading bar at the bottom it gets to half way and disappears and nothing happens....

I ran disk utility and it said my HD appears to be fine... I have no idea what to do

whoknows87

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Aug 8, 2012
S.Florida
I tried nothing I did command R disk utility tried to reinstall OS X it gives me an error any help out there?