MacBook Pro stuck on Blue Screen during Reboot

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by swalk, Apr 18, 2012.

1. swalk macrumors newbie

Hello:

I posted this on the Mac OS X MacRumors forum with any responses, so hopefully, I can get some help here.

On Sunday, I emptied my cache on Safari and my computer stayed frozen for a few minutes. I decided to re-boot, but every time I do so, it goes from the gray Apple screen to a blue screen and stops right there. I don't get the spinning wheel, but rather the black arrow that I can move about the blue screen, but nothing else. Here's what I've tried with no success.

1. Re-booting via Safe Mode (Command-Shift). Instead of freezing on the blue screen, it asks for my password and after a few seconds it stops on the Snow Leopard Pink/Black Stars background. Same result, only the background is different

2. Resetting PRAM - No luck

3. Re-booting with the Snow Leopard DVD and using Disk Utility. I follow the necessary steps online. No luck

Any help with resolving the problem would be appreciated. Thanks!

2. simsaladimbamba

3. Macman45 macrumors demi-god

Macman45

I think you may have been a little hasty when you shut down after emptying your Safari cache....My Macs will pinwheel for a while depending on when this was last performed. Try the steps above to get started again.

4. chipchen macrumors 6502

Sounds like corrupted OS. You'll probably need to reinstall OS and it should boot right back up. Slight possibility that it's a hard drive failure, but more more likely it's just a corrupted OS.