MacBook Pro Suddenly very laggy and weird

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Yumid, Aug 28, 2014.

1. Yumid macrumors member

Started a couple days ago when I was typing an email. It became super laggy and my typing fell way behind (as I type this its still like that, super annoying) and it is sooo annoying. Then on certain forums it it wouldnt let me reply to posts or edit my previous ones.

Just right now it lagged out and gave me the loading circle for about 2 minutes.

So now all of a sudden I can post on forums again, i don't know why, for 3 days I couldn't. Either the reply box was greyed out or I just couldn't click it.

Now its just really laggy and annoying. I ran a scan with the free ClamXax but it didnt find anything. It was perfect a few days ago.

On some webpages I can type fine, but on some its bad. Forums and Facebook are bad. Among others.

edit: also a few days before it got really laggy I started getting more popups like adware. But Clamxax still found nothing. Anything els free I can try? Or cheap?

I need this clean running Pro Tools cleanly. It cant even handle face book.

2. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

Check Activity Monitor to see what apps or processes are consuming CPU, Memory and/or Power.

3. T5BRICK macrumors 604

T5BRICK

Have you tried running Apple Hardware test? Have you upgraded any software or hardware recently?

More information about your computer would be helpful.

4. Yumid thread starter macrumors member

Activity monitor didnt help much. closed safari and iTunes and it went down to 1-2 percent. opened safari and iTunes again, opened Facebook and these forums and now its at 16 percent.

Safari web content and Kernal_Task up the majority and top 3 of the usage.

When I close safari then reopen it, it works Ok-ish for a couple minutes then back to laggy.

15'' Retina Macbook Pro
    10.9.03 have never upgraded since purchase a few months ago.

I download lots of free demo plugins for Pro Tools but none of them would have been infected they are straight from the companies webpage where you purchase the plugin. They aren't torrents.