Macbook Pro Suggestions

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pitch4d, Dec 31, 2013.

1. pitch4d macrumors newbie

I just got a Nikon D5300 for the holidays and I have had a Go Pro Hero 3 Black Edition since it released last year.

I have been using a Mid 2011 Macbook Air 13" i5 4gb 128gb. This computer has proven very inconsistent for editing 1080P60 footage as well as getting any sort of color consistency for my videos or photographs. I also find that it struggles to airplay content frequently. I have been having to use my desktop with a 3770k and GTX 780 to do the heavy lifting on the the higher bitrate videos, as well as 2.7k videos from the Go Pro.

I am looking to get a new Macbook Pro to be able to handle all the stuff my desktop has to handle now. 2.7k, 1080p60, protune level settings, as well as much faster rendering in iMovie or Final Cut Pro. Now that I have the Nikon I will also be looking for much better color reproduction as a I may go into photography/ videography as a side job.

Can the community help me decide on a model of Macbook Pro that will handle my needs?

2. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

3. Chevelle macrumors regular

Probably any of them. I got a 13" 2.6 haswell to start messing around with Lightroom and aperture.

4. Badrottie Suspended

Badrottie

I don't see your sig?? :apple:

----------

New Haswell based 13" MBA 2013 is perfect for you. I assumed you like portability, right? Then you will not go wrong with one. :apple:

5. GSPice macrumors 68000

GSPice

Whoa. Maybe it doesn't show in mobile posts. Anyway I have a 15" 2.3/16/512 with dGPU. Love it!